Thursday 11 July 2013

You are alive in us!

"Nothing can take Your place - You are all we need, Your love has set us free!"

I'm a wordsy kinda person. If you follow my blog, you probably already know that. And if you haven't been following my blog, at least you're here now... haha.

Wintercamp A L W A Y S shakes my life up. So one post simply wasn't enough to cover it all. Just before camp, we introduced a song to the youth called Alive, written by the youth of Hillsong. They call themselves Hillsong Young and Free... Amazing in itself. But this praise song has something incredible about it. The words are so phenomenal... Here, I'll copy and paste them for you:

Verse 1:
I was lost with a broken heart,
You picked me up now I'm set apart.
From the ash I'm born again,
Forever safe in the Saviour’s hands
Verse 2:
You are more than my words could say
I'll follow you Lord for all my days
Fix my eyes follow in your ways
Forever free in unending grace
Pre-Chorus:
Cause’ You are, You are, You are my freedom
We lift You higher, we lift You higher
Your love, Your love, Your love never ending
Oh oh oh
Chorus:
You are alive in us
Nothing can take your place
You are all we need
Your love has set us free
Verse 3:
In the midst of the darkest night
Let your love be the shining light
Breaking chains that were holding me
You sent your Son down and set me free
Verse 4:
Everything of this world will fade
I’m pressing on till I see your face
I will live that your will be done
I won’t stop till your kingdom come

This just blows my mind! These words are so incredible, and from the hearts of youth! My prayer is that the youth of today would realise these words to be reality... His love sets us free, so He is all we need! Nothing else can take the spot in our hearts that was created for us. If we don't acknowledge Him, and love Him, there will forever be something missing that can never quite be filled. My heart is that everyone will live with whole hearts, filled with love and free from sorrow. That doesn't mean free from adversity - it means free from solitude and loneliness. God will always provide a way out from adversity, He will always be stronger and greater than a situation. Christianity doesn't promise a free ride, it provides a stronghold when things go wrong. It provides comfort and safety when things are at their hardest. Nothing can replace the love of Christ - and I take comfort in the fact that I know He has my best interest at heart and He knows me.

Psalm 139:1-6 tells of how well He knows. I know I wrote on this topic just a couple weeks ago and focused it around my singleness, but it stretches further than that. It stretches from the beginning to the end. My whole journey of life revolves around the fact that He knows me. And not only does He know me, He protects, He loves, He cares, He provides for me. He is all knowing, but in His knowledge He doesn't stand back idly. He gave and continues to give His all. My saviour is not dead. He is ALIVE in me. In the midst of the darkest night. His love shines. He breaks chains. Each day is not promised to be easy, but I hold my head high knowing that He will guide me with the gentleness of His love.

I hope, and I pray that you find strength in your own lives. Life without God, for me, never worked. My strength is found in Him, because I am actually small and not so significant, but He is massively big and the most significant being ever. And He loves me. So tonight, my prayer is for those who don't feel fulfilled, or loved. My prayer is for the ones who desire greater meaning but don't know where to find it. My prayer is for those that are sick of the day to day routine and are beyond ready for life to begin. God can do far beyond your greatest expectations (Ephesians 3:20) and He has the ability to complete everything that He begins (Philippians 1:6).

And that is that. He's good. He loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment