Sunday 7 July 2013

What are you expectant for?

W I N T E R C A M P 2013 is literally hours away. As it's past midnight, it actually begins today. I legitimately can't put into words my excitement for the next few days for the lives of 450 youth and young adults, and then a further 180 children that follow on with kids wintercamp.

There's something about camps that is so different to a regular Friday night youth meeting. It's not God, because He is immeasurable, He doesn't suddenly become bigger. It's not the location, because that really doesn't make much difference. It's our expectancy. As youth and young adults, we have financially invested as much as we can into this and we're coming prepared with our sleeping bags, mattresses, journals and expectations. We're ready to see change in our worlds and we're just waiting to see what God is going to do. Part of me feels like God waits for wintercamp. Not because He has to, but because when wintercamp comes, we set something aside. For three days the entire focus is on Him, and He has the ability to work things into hearts that are otherwise "far too busy". (I'm guilty of this.) I feel like God waits on the edge of His throne saying, "Come on! Just ask for me to do something for you! I'm ready! When will you ask!?" And at camp, we not only ask - we beg. We declare His name and we beg that He come and fill us afresh with whatever we feel we're lacking. We honour Him. We glorify Him. We give our all over, we become vulnerable and weak beings, encouraged by the vulnerability of our peers. It's a judgement free zone. Everyone is welcome to feel as they please.

So what am I expectant for?
I'm expectant for clarity. I'm expectant to learn more about myself - when to speak, and when to stay silenced. I'm expectant for further understanding of others and a greater opportunity to learn about God and His ways so I can walk in it, and in turn do His will for my life. I'm expectant for growth and for healing within my emotions. I'm not just hoping for it, but I expect these things to come to pass in one way, shape or form. My God is good and He is beyond able.

Psalm 23 sits on the tip of my mind constantly.
"The Lord is my Shepherd - I lack nothing." I don't want to say that because I "have it all". I want to say that because no matter what I do or don't have... I lack nothing.

"My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus name."
I want these words to be resounding truth in my life. I want to solely trust in Christ so that I might be free of any disappointment or offence that might come my way.

"Jesus, Jesus all I want is to be like You."
To be in Your presence... I can't wait.

Philippians 4:7, "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
When peace like a river attendeth my way... I trust that this will be made evident to me.

I'm expectant for a lot. But Ephesians 3:20, a scripture spoken on about this camp says that my God is immeasurable and He can do beyond my wildest expectations.

With that said,
BRING ON CAMP!!!


And stay posted to see whether or not Cowboys come out victorious....  WHICH THEY WILL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment