Wednesday 10 July 2013

The download.

Where the heck do I even start? I got home about an hour and a half ago from Wintercamp 2013 where Jesus was unbelievably present. There's something so incredible when a room of 400+ youth and young adults come together for one purpose... Glorifying God's name, with expectant hearts for fresh revelation and growth.

I had the privilege and honour of serving at camp and I can't even begin to explain what that did for me personally. I've been feeling a bit run down lately, as if I were simply going through the motions of life, but God totally shook up everything on camp. I say this, but it was so gentle. It was purely as if it were a lightbulb moment... God made it clear where I was going wrong and why I was feeling the way I was feeling and has now given me the opportunity to move forward in freedom.

Obviously God is the centrefold of camp, but I couldn't write a post without mentioning Winter Warfare!! It was my absolute honour to be the team leader of the Cowboys - a team with courage, strength and dignity. We fought a battle that was hard, and the odds were stacked against us. We didn't come out with the victory, but we came second and to me, that was enough. The team spirit was incredible, without stopping until the very end. They gave it everything they had, there was nothing they didn't give. I'm so proud of this team and everything they gave. So thank you Cowboys!! (2014 will be our year - we've proved that we're tough enough!)

God moved through camp, He touched lives for the first time, and He refreshed those who have been walking this journey for a while. There's literally nothing quite like Wintercamp and I'm so expectant for the next 12 months in the lives of our youth and youth ministry as a whole - it's going to be incredible and I really believe that they are ready for revival to begin.

Big God, little me.


Read and take in the lyrics of this song, their weight is unbelievable.
"Friend of sinners, God's own son. God in flesh, among men. You walked my road - You understand."

He knows me. All I want is to be like Him... More of Him, less of me.

Lord, it's Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment