Sunday 28 July 2013

I have decided to follow Jesus.

Haha. Obvious title? Possibly. Though this one stems from a song that has just been released by the incredible team at Hillsong Church... Although, the words aren't quite original.

My dad, a marvellous man, challenged me on when the words were written as they were a popular hymn from "50 years back" or so he claimed... (I said they were only forty years old). But we were both wrong. The words come from a man in the 19th century. He lived with his family in India and they all converted to Christianity after the Welsh missionaries came and taught the word of God. The man was threatened with death if he didn't take back his faith in Christ, and instead the man proclaimed, "I have decided to follow Jesus! Though no one joins me, I still will follow!" He was murdered whilst he sang, "the cross before me, the world behind me!" The faith the man showed during his last living moments led to the salvation of the village he lived in, and even the man that killed him and his family. There was no turning back for this courageous man.

Today in church we taught the song Christ is Enough to the congregation - I love this song. It's an absolute declaration of our love for Christ. It's so great. I'll post the lyrics below. 

[VERSE]
Christ is my reward
And all of my devotion
Now there's nothing in this world
That could ever satisfy
Through every trial
My soul will sing
No turning back
I've been set free


[CHORUS]

Christ is enough for me

Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You
Everything I need



[VERSE]

Christ my all in all

The joy of my salvation
And this hope will never fail
Heaven is our home
Through every storm
My soul will sing
Jesus is here
To God be the glory



[BRIDGE]

I have decided to follow Jesus

No turning back
No turning back
The cross before me
The world behind me
No turning back
No turning back

There's something so freeing about declaring that Christ is enough and that we've decided to follow Him. The message that was spoken today touched my heart and taught me that God wants to come down to my weakness, he doesn't expect me to strive for perfection. All He asks is that I love Him, and I do what I can, He'll do the rest. The message taught about the fact that God sees you, he hears you and he is attached to you. The brokenness that I hold onto, can become a thing of the past if I'll only give up my praise to Him!

But you don't need a recap of the preach - it's best if you're just there haha.
My joy is found in the hope of Christ and my greatest desire for you is that you would feel loved in the same why I do. God's love is irreplaceable, and so are you. I seriously pray that you know that. And if you don't, let me tell you: You hold far more worth than you see. 

Also!! I want to say a massive thank you to all of the thoughtful and beautiful people who have taken the time to encourage me over the last few weeks. A lot of lovely people have given me scripture, or a text, or something and it's meant so much. I'm so unbelievably blessed by the people in my life, no amount of words can really explain how much it all means to me. Every word of encouragement means something, I promise. So thank you.

Sorry my blogging has been sporadic xx

(No turning back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment