Sunday 21 July 2013

Community.

I have been thinking of what I could post on this silly little thing for a couple weeks now. It's been a while since I've posted. I've come to the realisation that although I always feel like I have too much to say, it never really makes as much sense as I want it too. And writing titles is the hardes thing ever.

I suppose what I could say here is that tonight we had community. Generations Youth Community. It's where the youth ministry splits into 9 different groups and we all hang out in people's homes and eat food and have heaps of fun. Tonight mine had a bonfire - and it was awesome. We play board games too. I love my church. It's a privilege to be able to serve in a place with vision. I think I love it because I myself have a lot of vision. I have passion, and I have vision.

I just thought of what I can talk about. I am absolutely and entirely over seeing posts like the following:
"This generation sucks"
"Teenagers are grumpy, rude and awful."
"There's no hope for the future."

It stirs something in me. I know for a fact that in this city alone there are thousands of young people connected into youth ministries that put them on a purposed track for life and they are respectful, diligent and they desire better for the world. Three churches in the Australian Christian Churches movement within Adelaide have had camps recently and if you would only look at the genuine transformation of the young people that go on these camps you would see a generation of HOPE, of LOVE, of PURPOSE.

I refuse to accept that we are a useless generation and I refuse to accept that we're "the worst one yet". I believe in the future of today's young people and I will work every day for as long as it takes to serve God in proving that there is hope for the future.

Change starts with me.
It continues with partnership in Godly vision.

(I'm stopping this here for fear that passion will takeover.)

No comments:

Post a Comment