Monday 13 May 2013

The reason for the blog...

So it's 2013, and I'm just jumping on board the "blog bandwagon". I decided to steer clear of Tumblr due to content that one can be exposed to, and I chose blogger as I want this to be a space for me to express my faith in a forum that can be shared with others. Here I will shamelessly post my faith journey, and I hope that it can encourage others as they walk in theirs.
I feel the best place to start a blog is to tell all who may one day stumble upon this exactly who I am.

My name is Natasha Gardner, and at this moment in time, I'm 18 years old. I'm from the city of Adelaide, and that is in South Australia. I've live here my whole life, but I've traveled to five other countries in the time I've been alive. I work at a Credit Union, and no, I'm not academically qualified for it. I finished year twelve in 2011 with a final score of 77.15, nothing special, but enough to get me into the field I desired. I dropped maths in year ten, but due to my bubbly nature and history in customer service, I landed the job at the Credit Union in March 2013. I'm of the belief that this was a God-ordained job, and so I go to work every day with the attitude that it's God who I'm representing and this is exactly where I should be for the time being. I am studying ministry by correspondence through the Sydney college, Alphacrucis. I've been doing this since March 2013, and so far have received good grades. I'm passionate about my studies, and I am so, so incredibly passionate about God and spreading His love to everyone I meet. I'm a youth leader at Edge Church, and I adore it. I don't think I would want to be anywhere else, and for this season of my life I truly believe that Edge is my home. The people, the culture and the attitude towards people who aren't in the church is amazing. The community focus makes my heart happy and it is good and honest work. As well as being part of the youth team, I'm part of the music team. I love that too. I'm passionate about worship, and whilst music is only one way to display worship, there's something about music that just shifts a mood. It creates something so beautiful, so pure, so true, nothing can take that away. I love to worship, so I love to serve in God's house. If I'm in God's house, I'm in my element. I'm learning that God's house isn't only the four walls of the church though. God's house is wherever His people are, and His people are everywhere. My place of work can be God's house. Whilst I don't preach to them every day, through my day to day life I believe I can bring a positive atmosphere and somewhere that people truly love to work.

What I want from life, is to bring joy to the lives of others while glorifying my King. I want everyone to experience the love that I feel, and be stretched and challenged and grow in the wonderful ways that I get to! It's not always easy, and quite often I question myself, but every day is new, and every day brings new challenges. I'm excited for my future, and the future of those around me. I love my friends with everything I have, I love my God with everything I have, and I love life with my whole entire heart.
I try to live a positive life, my heart beats for positivity and hope and truth and love. My heart beats to worship. 

In a nutshell, I'm just sold out for Christ and I can't wait to see this world changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment